Tuesday, July 17, 2007

...to be continued...

Relating Pedagogy
to Smart Use of Technologies
and to Professional Development

For much of the past two decades we have mistakenly focused our energies on the learning of new software and the functions of new tools with too little attention to pedagogy - how to use those new tools effectively to maximize student learning while orchestrating all of the other aspects of daily classroom practice.

In this new century and new decade, many teachers and school leaders are awakening to the pre-eminent role pedagogy should play when designing programs and preparing teachers to deliver those programs effectively.

Those who design adult learning with the purpose of encouraging appropriate and robust use of new technologies should start their instructional design process by asking how they might help teachers learn strategic classroom practice.

Some would argue against this route, dusting off the discredited, insulting and simplistic idea of "teacher proof lessons" that are so highly scripted that "any old fool can get results."

2 comments:

max-hun said...

HI Anita I checked you blog and I liked it,I liked your subject as well,cause it seemed to be good to me,and I thingk, I will like it more when you enrich it about your subject.You have started very well so just go on with it.

Vida said...

Oh, that' s a very interesting subject! I' m sorry for not being an expert on the related topic, but i enjoy reading it. I' m sure that people will find here a lot of useful informations :)

Very nice, keep on doing like this!
kiss :)